A. Products Banned from Export:
- Articles of Archaeological and Religious Importance
– National and foreign coins of archaeological value.
– Statues of gods and goddesses, palm leaf inscription (Tad Patra), leaf inscription (Bhojpatra).
– Scroll (Thanka Paintings) of historical importance.
- Conserved Wildlife and related articles
– Wild animals.
– Bile and any part of wild animals.
– Musk and Cows, Oxen, Snake and lizard skin.
- Marijuana, opium, hashish (As defined in the Single Convention on Narcotics, 1961)
- Metals and Jewellery
– Valuable metals and jewellery (except permitted under bag and baggage regulations and products manufactured by Nepalese
industry except of diamonds.
- Articles of industrial importance
– Explosive materials and related fuse or materials needed for fuse.
– Materials used in the production of arms and ammunition.
- Industrial raw materials
– Raw hides and skin (including dry salted)
– Raw wool
- Other products
– Log and Timber
B. Products Under Quantities Restrictions
Rice, Wheat, Gram, Black Peas, Rapseed, Maize, Arahar, Lentil, Mustard, Yellow Mustard Seed, Poppy Seed, Raw Silk exceeding 100kg without L/C. Products as notified by His Majesty’s Government in the Nepal Gazette, from time to time.
C. Products Allowed for Free Export:
All products other than listed in A. and B. above.
The Ministry of Commerce will decide from time to time, the goods to be included under the category of quantities restrictions and volume of their exports. The Ministry of Commerce will interpret as to which of the products listed above, will be permitted to export.